Are you looking for a great gig where the work is actually fun? Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience and make a difference? Check out Goldfish Swim School! We’re a rapidly growing, award winning franchise that is not your typical company!
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Job Title: Deck Teacher
Reports to: Deck Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Promotes and maintains a safe and organized pool environment. Requires the ability to teach assigned levels of swim classes when serving as a substitute swim instructor (as needed).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains attentive position in the pool area at all times by walking and/or sitting while actively scanning the pool and pool area.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents or casualties.
- Performs rescues and administers first aid/CPR when necessary.
- Provides assistance to students and teachers as needed.
- Acts as substitute swim instructor when necessary.
- Inspects pool area and lobby for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage problems, and reports problems to management as appropriate.
- Participates in training/in-service as required.
- Assists children to the restroom when needed.
- Executes announcements in lobby area, calling parents and children into the pool area for lessons/lesson observation.
- Fulfills other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED is preferred. Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor and/or child care provider is strongly preferred. Swimming experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: Lifeguard, CPR/AED and First Aid certification required.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.
Key Words: Kids, Children, Child Care, Education, Instruction, Instructor, Teacher, Daycare, Fun Job, Part Time, Growth, Swim, School, Work with Kids, Customer Service, Receptionist, Flexible, Engaging Job, After School Job, Camp, Counselor, Coach, Tutor, Nanny, Babysitter, Water Safety, Lifeguard, Pool Job
Goldfish Swim School - Ann Arbor
Goldfish Swim School is the premier learn-to-swim facility for kids ages 4 months to 12 years. We use our proven confidence-building curriculum to promote a love of swimming and teach children to be safer in and around the water.
JOIN OUR CREW! Grab a great gig where the work is fun! We wear flip flops. We sing on the job. We tell corny jokes. We give high fives freely. We love our employees and reward hard work with Snack Shack bonuses, iTunes gift cards and other fun perks! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate. If you love working with kids, we’d love to talk to you!
Company Website: annarbor.goldfishswimschool.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)